Super Bowl 50 will take place on Sunday, Feb. 7, 2016, at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, CA. Game time will be at 3:30 p.m. (PST). Due to the increased air traffic expected at area airports, and at Las Vegas Mc Carran International Airport (LAS), operators are encouraged to review the following resources.
- FAA’s Super Bowl 50 website
- San Francisco Bay Area Super Bowl 50 host committee website
- Ramp Reservations for California Airports
- Ramp Reservations Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Temporary Flight Restrictions
- Air Traffic Management Initiatives
- Filing Flight Plans Early
- Airfiles and Destination Changes
Ramp Reservations for California Airports
Note that there will not be an FAA slot-based Special Traffic Management Program (E-STMP) implemented for Super Bowl 50, However, ramp reservations will be required for both IFR/VFR arrivals and departures from Thursday, Feb. 4 through Monday, Feb. 8 at all San Francisco Bay, Napa Valley and Monterey Peninsula-area airports. Please note, reservations will also be required for “drop and go” operations. Ramp reservations can be obtained through your FBO.