The 8th Annual Girls in Aviation Day is approaching! This event is a great opportunity for girls all over the world to learn more about the field and meet others who share the same passion. Continue reading for more information about the event!
Since the very first Women in Aviation International Girls in Aviation Day in 2015, the annual WAI event has grown every year since its first gathering of 32 events and 3,200 participants. In 2019, GIAD met more than 20,000 attendees participating in 119 events in 18 countries. In 2020, WAI launched the Aviation for Girls App, and thousands of girls from nearly 60 countries participated throughout the year.
Save the date for our 8th Annual Girls in Aviation Day on Saturday, September 24, 2022!
Highlights of #GIAD22 include:
- Three age-appropriate content tracks for elementary, middle school and high school students
- Career panel videos
- Instructional activity videos
- Social media posts
- Online learning activities
- Meet positive female role models
- Virtual tours
- Scholarship information
- Education resources
- Expanded Aviation for Girls magazine with fun activities, puzzles, coloring pages for ages 5-10, ages 11-13, and ages 14-17.
- #GIAD22 magazine coverage